Citiq Prepaid defines personal information as all information specific to yourself that you provide to us over the Internet or any other channel. This includes personal data that you provide us when you register to purchase products, subscribe to our newsletter; register as an affiliate, post a support ticket or just a question you asked via e-mail.
Citiq Prepaid has the highest regard for the privacy of its subscribers and will use personal information only as appropriate in the normal course of business to provide the products and services you have requested.
Citiq Prepaid does not and will not sell or provide personal information to third parties for independent use.
We value the information that you choose to provide us and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customer is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
CITIQ APP PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice was last updated on 14 April 2021.
This notice tells you how Citiq Meter Solutions (Pty) Ltd t/a/ Citiq Prepaid (we/us) collects and uses your information. We may need to update it periodically, but we will let you know when we do.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect and use your personal information
When you create a profile, we collect personal information directly from you, including:
- your name
- contact details such as email address and cell phone number
- your ID number
- your username and password
- your VAT number
- building address
When you purchase tokens on the app, we collect the meter number and the amount you want to spend.
We use this information to:
- process transactions;
- provide our services;
- communicate with you; and
- provide support.
We collect certain information automatically by using cookies to authenticate you. We also use Google Analytics to measure the performance and use of the app. This cookie shares information with Google. Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data for more information.
We share your personal information with our payment service providers and other trusted suppliers
We use external payment service providers to process payments. We share your email address and a unique identifier we created for your transaction with our payment service providers when you purchase tokens.
Ozow (Pty) Ltd will process your payment when you choose to pay by instant EFT. You can read more about how they use your information here.
Virtual Card Services (Pty) Ltd will process your payment when you choose to pay by credit card. You can read more about how they use your information here.
We share your information with the service providers who help us deliver our services to you only if they have agreed to protect your information. Some of our service providers are situated overseas, and we may share your personal information with them.
Sometimes we need to disclose your information to a third party:
- if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, legal process, or a government request;
- to enforce our contracts and policies;
- to protect the security and integrity of our service;
- to protect ourselves, clients, and the public from illegal activity; or
- to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires that we disclose information.
If there is a change in our company structure or ownership, we may share your information as part of the assets transferred or the due diligence for that transaction.
Your rights and preferences
You have the right to
- ask what personal information we have about you;
- ask what personal information we sent to our suppliers, service providers, or anyone else;
- ask us to update, correct, or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we have about you;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you,
- object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances; and
- complain about our practices with the Information Regulator.
It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request because there are procedures that we need to follow.
In some instances, we may need proof of your identity, and sometimes we may have additional requirements before we can update your information.