It happens to the best of us; losing something which we thought we remembered or kept safe. If you have lost your 11 digit prepaid electricity or water meter number, don’t worry, we’re here to help you recover it.
Find the number on your meter
Many people are unaware that their lost prepaid electricity or water meter number is actually on the meter itself. Depending on the type of meter you have, here are some options on how to recover it.
Enter a unique code to find your prepaid electricity meter number
- If you have a Hexing meter – Press 804
- If you have a Landis+Gyr meter – Press i000 (i is the information button below the number 9)
- If you have a Conlog meter – Press #100#
- If you have a Wasion meter – Press 75 Enter
- If you have a water meter – You can display the meter number by pressing the arrow button.
Use the Citiq Prepaid Online Meter Management Portal
Tenants using the Citiq Prepaid Online Management Portal can easily recover their lost prepaid electricity meter number. Simply login into the portal and follow these steps:
- Visit www.citiqprepaid.co.za and click the login button on the top right of your screen.
- Enter your email/username and password and click on login.
- You will be directed to your meter page where your linked meter(s) are displayed (also note you can purchase tokens directly from this portal).
If you have not yet registered for the Online Meter Management Portal then you can sign up here. We recommend signing up as soon as possible so you can also access additional benefits like buying tokens online with a 0% convenience fee, download reports and more.
Contact us for assistance
If you’re still struggling with finding your lost prepaid electricity or water meter number, then contact our friendly and helpful call centre to assist you. You can reach us on 087 55 111 55 or send an email to email@example.com.