With a variety of online, mobile and other purchasing options, we’ve made it even easier to buy your prepaid electricity or water whenever and however you want to. Being able to purchase utilities from your mobile phone anywhere and at any time of the day or night means you’ll always be able to keep the lights and water on. It also means that your family members or roommates are able to buy Citiq Prepaid tokens online for you, provided they have your meter number. This works particularly well in student housing whereby parents can purchase electricity for their children, regardless of where in the country they live.
What will you need to get started?
- Your 11 digit meter number
- A cell phone to receive the 20 digit code via SMS. This would usually be the number used when registering the meter.
Electricity purchasing needs to be quick, easy and instant. Although Citiq Prepaid offers multiple recharge points across the country, many find that the easiest and most convenient would be through a mobile phone.
Citiq Prepaid Website
1. Ensure you are registered with Citiq Prepaid on the site www.citiqprepaid.co.za/sign-up or the call centre can assist on 087 55 111 55.
2. Log in to www.citiqprepaid.co.za and buy electricity using your credit card or the i-Pay EFT payment option.
3. Once complete, you’ll receive an SMS with your token number to enter into your prepaid meter.
USSD for cellphone banking
The USSD option currently works for those who have accounts with FNB, Absa, Standard Bank, Nedbank and Capitec.
1. Ensure you are registered for your bank’s cellphone banking service and that you’re registered with Citiq Prepaid onwww.citiqprepaid.co.za/sign-up or by phoning the call centre on 087 55 111 55.
2. Use the following USSD codes to initiate the purchase and the follow the prompts:
- FNB: *120* 321#
- STANDARD BANK: *120*2345#
- ABSA: *120*2272#
- NEDBANK: *120*001#
- CAPITEC: *120*3279#
3. Once the transaction is complete you will receive an SMS with your token number which you can enter into your prepaid meter.
Your online or mobile banking app
The online or mobile banking app option currently works for those who have accounts with FNB, Absa, Standard Bank, Nedbank, Capitec and Investec and are registered for online banking. If you are unsure whether you’re registered or not, we suggest contacting your bank directly.
- Navigate through the app to the ‘Buy’ button and then the ‘electricity’ button.
- Follow the prompts and once complete you will receive your 20 digital token via the app or SMS.
- Punch the number into your prepaid electricity meter.
Do you need assistance?
If you need any support please contact the Citiq Prepaid call centre on 087 55 111 55 which is open between 7am and 8pm (on weekdays) and between 8am and 5pm on weekends and public holidays. Alternatively, we encourage you to also mail us on email@example.com