In our previous blog post, we highlighted the safest ways to purchase tokens for your Citiq Prepaid meter from the comfort of your own home. However, if you have to leave your home for whatever reason and need to top up, Flash shared some excellent tips with us about how you can keep safe when purchasing Citiq Prepaid tokens at their vendors.
Flash are going the extra mile to make sure their shops and kiosks are safe for everyone, making sure you can get your essentials during the COVID-19 pandemic without worrying. When we take care of our own safety, we help others stay safe. When you are shopping, make sure you take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Always wear a mask
- Keep a social distance of 1.5 metres
- Avoid physical contact
- Make sure your hands are cleaned regularly (especially before you touch your face)
- Read your electricity meter number to the cashier to ensure you aren’t both touching the electricity card
Flash has provided their traders with advice on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their shops.
Traders are encouraged to:
- Only allow a small number of people in their shop at one time
- Always wear a mask
- Clean shop surfaces many times per day
- Enforce social distancing.
Flash kiosks have been given cleaning products and have been trained to deal with traders in a way that ensures their own safety.
Flash kiosk staff:
- Have a handwashing schedule
- Use hand sanitizer before every transaction
- Clean all surfaces when their breaks begin
- Throw away all waste outside of the kiosk to make sure it stays clean
All this has been done to make sure that everyone is as safe as possible during their journey for essential goods and services. We hope you use these tips to help keep yourself healthy, and that you feel safer the next time you visit a Flash Shop to buy tokens for your Citiq Prepaid meters.
If you need to purchase tokens in another way then there are multiple options available, including UniPin. Retail stores are able to provide UniPIN vouchers to purchase Citiq Prepaid tokens. UniPIN vouchers require that you SMS your meter and voucher number to the telephone number provided as per the instructions on the UniPIN voucher. You can also purchase tokens via an ATM. If you bank with Nedbank, you can purchase your token directly from a Nedbank ATM. Simply follow the instructions on the ATM for making prepaid electricity purchases.
Always practice good hygiene habits when leaving your home to ensure your own safety and that of others. For a full list of “how to buy” options, please visit our website.